Friday, July 29, 2016

Food (for thought) Friday - Handy Cooking/Baking Helpers Part 2


There was more that I wanted to add to my last helps post, but it would have been a bit too long, so I decided I'd just break it up into 2 posts, and actually I've probably enough for another one or two. There's a lot of these I've committed to memory because I've used them enough times that it's just common knowledge to me. I'm sure it is to most of you as well, lol. When you cook and bake a lot of this information becomes second nature!

But there are some things that I have to look up every time, as for some reason, they just don't stick in my head, lol. So, of course I have them all written down in my book in one handy place. I know I could look some up in my red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and find stuff on the internet on my phone by Googling it - but sometimes it's just easier to pull my book out and look there. Because all my usual need-to-knows are there. And lately, with portion control, I seem to used them at least once a week!

So, once again, I share them with you...

Dash or Pinch  = less than 1/8 teaspoon

Teaspoon to Tablespoon

1 1/2 teaspoon = 1/2 tablespoon
3 teaspoon = 1 tablespoon

Cups to Tablespoons and Teaspoons

1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons; 6 teaspoons
1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons; 12 teaspoons
1/3 cup = 5 1/3 tablespoons; approximately 16 teaspoons
1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons; 24 teaspoons
2/3 cup = 10 2/3 tablespoons; approximately 32 teaspoons
3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons; 36 teaspoons
7/8 cup = 14 tablespoons; 42 teaspoons (3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
1 cup    = 16 tablespoons; 48 teaspoons

Fluid Ounces

1/2 ounce =  1 tablespoon; 3 teaspoon
1 ounce = 2 tablespoons; 1/8 cup
2 ounces = 4 tablespoons; 1/4 cup
4 ounces = 8 tablespoons; 1/2 cup
6 ounces = 12 tablespoons; 3/4 cup
8 ounces = 16 tablespoons; 1 cup; 1/2 pint
16 ounces = 2 cups; 1 pint
32 ounces = 4 cups; 2 pints; 1 quart
64 ounces = 8 cups; 4 pints; 2 quarts
128 ounces = 16 cups; 4 quarts; 1 gallon

Pounds

16 ounces = 1 pound



No comments:

Post a Comment