Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday In Michigan - Positive Thinking!



Well, I must say I consider week one of "eating mindfully" a success. Lost one pound - not a great loss, but a respectable one. And for me, personally, a realistic one. Would I have liked to have the scale show me a bigger loss? Of course, but I am taking a different road this time to my goals - I'm taking "no gain" as a success and any loss as a big success. I'm preferring to see things in a positive light, rather than "gosh, I could have done better". I'm sure I could have, but beating myself up isn't going to fix things. I'm actively trying. Not just eating whatever and hoping and praying I lose a pound, lol. That right there I also consider a win! So, yes, I am taking this weigh-in as a win!

I especially learned that I eat a lot out of boredom. This past week I really took the time to figure out if I was bored, or truly hungry. That stopped a lot of unnecessary mindless snacking. I was actually surprised to discover how much of that I did. It's absolutely a truth that you eat more than you think you do, lol. Keeping track - actually logging it into a food diary, proved it to me! And by logging, it kept me accountable - really made me take a look at what I was eating, and whether I was hungry or not. Not only the "hungry/not hungry" thing was discovered but the poor food choices I'd been making was discovered as well! And all because they were the "easy" solutions.


That "easy" thing comes from my lack of pre-planning! I am hoping that, along this journey and within the next few months, to rectify that - find things I can easily plan ahead with for snacking, breakfasts and lunches. I can say for sure though that I am hot on the trail of discovering what I can do to facilitate eating smarter and putting in better fuel as often as I can! And it's actually a pretty fun challenge - one I'm enjoying!! I love tracking things down and trying new recipes, even if they flop it's fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment