Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wednesday in Michigan and Texas - How We Roll

by Us

Sometimes we chat about important stuff, like what we are going to post here; sometimes it is important stuff like what is making our hearts hurt today; and, sometimes it is just everyday stuff like what we are making for dinner.  Friends are there to talk about any kind of stuff you want to talk about, right?

The other day we were having one of those”what’s for dinner” conversations.  It revolved around having made the chicken and dumplings for last week’s blog post, but finishing them too late in the day to take the photographs for the post so therefore they could not be eaten for dinner that night because there’d be nothing left to photograph so now what was for dinner that night? 

Here is how the conversation went:

Tracey…swiss steak here…

Kris…I’ve never made it but have had it out.  Sounds good.

Tracey…I found a recipe for it a few years ago. (I’d never made it either, but mom requested it one night.)  in my Better Homes red and white cookbook and I’ve never looked back.  lol.  I cheat and use cube steaks because it takes less time using them.  lol

Kris…I have the trusty red and white cookbook.  I’m going to try the Swiss steak one of these days.

Tracey…I’ve never hunted for a different recipe because everyone (mom, Jeremy, and even Harry, lol!) liked it as it was - only thing I do differently is use tomato sauce instead of canned diced tomatoes since neither Jer or Harry care for canned diced tomatoes.  Me, I could eat them straight out of the can.

Kris…Good to know.  I’m not fond of chunks of cooked tomatoes either, though I love fresh ones.  I use sauce instead of diced or stewed  almost always.

Tracey…I also skip thyme because Jeremy hates time so I sub a little oregano instead.

Kris…Haha on the thyme!  Weber does’t like oregano, and that is a hard one to leave out of some recipes.  You know, these are crazy conversations that might make useful blog material.  We can title it “Parsley, Sage , Oregano, and Thyme” or “Husbands, The Spice of Life…Or Not!”


There is a glimpse into how we get things done here at Pictures, Plates, and Lols!.  Sometimes our methods work well for us, and other times…not so much.  No matter the scenario though, we are firm believers in "the laughing out loud" part of our title.  We are able to share the funny stuff with one another, but also our struggles and downright failures.  Somehow the funny things in life are much funnier when you have a friend to laugh along with you and the struggles don’t seem so bad when you know that you have a friend at your side!

1 comment: